New job VP - Project Manager - Global Private Bank in Karnataka
VP - Project Manager - Global Private Bank
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
The Finance Department supporting Global projects
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 265,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking.
The Private Bank business offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trust and banking capabilities. JPMorgan Private Bank was recognized in 2017 by Euromoney as the world's best global private bank, with more than 1,800 client advisors in 120 offices in 11 countries.
Legal entities in London, Brussels, Frankfurt, Milan, Madrid, Geneva, Paris, Singapore and Hong-Kong are being used to provide private banking services to ultra-high net worth (UHNW) and high net worth (HNW) individuals in the EMEA/ASIA region.
Group Description - The Global Private Bank Controllers group performs the following functions:
- General Ledger Operation - Prepare, review and approve journal entries, GL Maintenance, review of balance sheet & P &L.
- Month - end Close- calculate, book and oversee accruals and reserves. Prepare and review of revenue & expense variance & trend analysis. Oversight of Inter-company transactions which includes review and resolution of all Inter Company breaks.
- Regulatory Reporting - Ensure regulatory reporting is accurate and filed before due date. Coordination of PWC audits & local regulators. Daily collateral monitoring. Provide DRQ & supplementary data to Corporate & Regulatory Groups.
- Financial Reporting - Preparation & presentation of Board Packages, Legal Entity Financial Reports etc.
- Controls -Interpretation & implementation of Corporate Accounting Policies, Quarterly review & substantiation of the Other Assets & Liabilities. Maintain WM Finance group CSA in Phoenix , follow up and resolution on the identified Control issues
- Major Corporate and Business Initiatives Support - Provide guidance & support in the New Business initiative process (including new products, merger & Integration). Participate in the projects that affect Global Private Bank Regulatory and General Ledger Balances.
Specifically his/her task will include:
- Drive various project deliverables and New business initiatives impacting the Private Bank Controller function
- Understanding of Accounting concepts, PB platforms and systems to be equipped for queries resolution and work with team for deliveries / implementation
- Exhibit good analytical skills to understand issues and be able to ideate and add value in providing resolution in partnership with the relevant teams
- Document business requirements, tracking project milestones, and working with project manager to ensure that deviations in scope & plan are reported/addressed.
- Work closely with Controllers to understand requirements
- Participate in project meetings and represent the team's vision accordingly with both business and technology partners
- Gain insight into the current tools/operating models via knowledge share sessions
- Engage in new design discussions and assist in documenting existing and future workflow processes
- Ensure a mechanism of regular updates to the relevant members to be able to mitigate concerns and issues on timely basis
- Write test scripts, perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and assist Legal Entity Controllers production checkouts at direction of project manager
- Help to facilitate questions/answers with Corporate and AM partners to fulfill Global Private Bank regulatory requirements
- Partner & build relationships across different functions and groups to ensure smooth deliverables
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- 12 to 14 years' experience in accounting / finance department (internal or external)/project management experience
- Audit/accounting knowledge (preferably in the banking/financial) sector
- Knowledge of project related tasks/aspirations to embrace a career in project management
- Strong sense of responsibility and self-organization
- Able to work independently.
- Able to multitask in constantly changing environment and attention to detail
- Strong analytical / problem-solving skills - ability to analyze complicated problems/scenarios, come up with root cause analysis as well as remediation steps
- Ability to think strategically when looking at future projects and pathways
- Ability to take ownership of processes and functions
- Knowledge of automation (Alteryx/Xceptor) and dashboarding (Tableau) tools a strong plus
- Strong technology skills including strong PC skills (Excel, Access),
- Fluent in English.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.