New job State Lead - Uttarakhand in Uttarakhand
State Lead - Uttarakhand
Company : PATH
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Uttarakhand
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Respiratory Care Management (RCM) program
The second wave of coronavirus pandemic in India has quickly spiraled into a devastating crisis. Reported daily new infections have crossed the 400,000 mark (world record) while daily reported deaths are more than 2,700. Moreover, experts suggest that the peak is yet to come. Lockdowns and curfews have been enforced in varying degrees across the country which are hurting livelihoods - particularly of those who are already vulnerable. Health systems across the country are collapsing - there is an acute shortage of hospital beds, personnel, drugs, testing kits, and life-saving oxygen.
PATH has been working in the field of oxygen delivery for almost a decade. Our work has brought together advocacy and policy, market development, engineering, product design/innovation, and health system strengthening. PATH globally has provided medical oxygen technical assistance in over 10 geographies including currently in 7 states in India. PATH is a key member of the ACT-A COVID-19 Oxygen Emergency Task Force led by the WHO. PATH’s team is made up of both global and country-based experts with an in-depth understanding of the oxygen ecosystem providing support. We have tools and expertise to support rigorous facility oxygen needs assessments, quantification, costing, and oxygen distribution network design and facility selection.
In India, PATH has been working closely with the Indian states of Maharashtra, Punjab, and Karnataka providing technical assistance for respiratory care. In the last year or so, PATH has coordinated across the Ministry of Health, State health departments, district authorities, various facility-level functionaries, and vendors to address delays and fast track installation of Government of India / PM Cares approved PSA oxygen plants. PATH teams are engaged in daily monitoring of district-wise availability of resources, storage capacity, projection of oxygen inventory requirement, procurement coordination, and related market-shaping work.
Currently, PATH is working with government officials, donors, and partners to providing technical assistance to 9 states for helping them become Self-sufficient in oxygen. Under this project, we are supporting state governments to:
- Procure and provide oxygen equipment to enable community-based care.
- Provide technical assistance to set up and install oxygen equipment in healthcare facilities.
- Address the most critical bottlenecks in the oxygen supply by providing critical care assistance to support the management of a coherent demand & supply matching, micro-planning, and forecasting to disaggregate the oxygen supply across the country and support states in addressing the ongoing crisis.
The State Lead will work with State governments and healthcare facility staff to support the setup of oxygen equipment in healthcare facilities. Specifically, the State Lead will:
- Provide technical assistance to states for setup of oxygen equipment in the state.
- Facilitate the establishment of state-level response units for COVID-19 at the state level for planning and managing the provision of oxygen in the state and work closely with state government counterparts to develop, implement monitor project activities including roadmaps, work plans, activities, reports.
- Lead a team of 5-10 members to conduct technical assistance activities for oxygen equipment set up across the state and ensure proper implementing coordination at the state and district level.
- Represent PATH at the state level and engage with state officials on a day-to-day basis.
- Conduct vendor coordination for equipment purchases and installation (through sub-awards to vendors) including some level of warranty, repair, and maintenance support.
- Conduct rapid facility assessment for setup of oxygen equipment.
- MBA/MPH/MHA from a reputed university or Higher-level qualification, preferably in public health or in another relevant field such as doctor.
- Advanced degree and/or training in public health.
- Seven+ years of progressively responsible leadership roles in the design and/or delivery of public health programs and research with a preference for experience in working on the RCM Program in India.
- Recognized public health leader in the state with experience in leading public health programs.
- 4-6 years experience of leading program operations in a state.
- Experience in managing a team of 5-10 members for conducting team operations.
- Knowledge of supply chain management in healthcare will be an asset.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy and independence in line with project goals and objectives.
- The candidates must be self-starters and committed to performing their duties with minimal direct and day-to-day supervision.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and report on project success criteria results, metrics.
- Manage and coordinate diverse tasks and facilitate relationships among multiple stakeholders.
- Undertake other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time.
- Computer proficiency with a high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Web surfing to search relevant data & documents.
- Fluency in English and ability to converse in the local language.
- Available to travel at state and district level up to 50 percent.
Must have legal authorization to work in India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.