New job Purchasing Procurement Professional Intermediate in Haryana
Purchasing Procurement Professional Intermediate
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
This position is responsible for effectively and professionally conducting and coordinating the activities associated with subcontracting (the procurement) of services. The incumbent has good working knowledge and understanding of subcontracting concepts, principles and practices, and the techniques of ensuring task completion, project delivery processes, and subcontractor relationship expectations. The incumbent understands the role of subcontracting in the project delivery process and the value-added expectations and performs assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent has working knowledge and understanding of the concepts, principles, theories, and compliance requirements applicable to the assigned group, subject area, or services.
- Coordinate the procurement of subcontracted services and administer assigned subcontracts to accomplish project or group objectives and obligations.
- Subcontracting assignments typically will consist of professional or technical services, and major construction services, or may be assigned as the lead for all subcontracting on a small project.
- Provide tracking of subcontract activity, progress information, and guidance to project personnel on subcontracting issues, with specific attention to change management and financial status.
- Coordinate closely with Engineering, Construction, and all other disciplines for continuity and overall program effectiveness.
- Perform all subcontract formation duties for assigned subcontracts, including prequalification of bidders, solicitation of proposals, proposal evaluations, source selection recommendations, leads negotiation of contract terms and pricing issues, conformance and finalizing of agreements, and subcontract issuance and execution.
- Ensure applicable prime contract flow-downs are identified, addressed, and included in assigned subcontracts.
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, source selection recommendations, Subcontracts, and change orders prior to execution.
- Ensure budget compliance issues are addressed and award subcontracts.
- Perform subcontract post-award administration duties, including change order management, contractual compliance, invoice verification, performance evaluation, closeout of agreements, and records retention.
- Maintain the database of potential and qualified subcontractors, including performance history.
- Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution.
- Assist Procurement Management in the preparation of proposal deliverables, including pricing of subcontracted services, execution approach narratives, and labor hour estimates for subcontracting.
- Assist Procurement Management in providing other support services as requested.
- Accountable to the assigned Procurement Manager
- Preparation of quality requests for proposals and subcontract documents.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of subcontracting and subcontract administration activities.
- Fulfillment of the subcontracting requirements.
- Effective and timely management of subcontractor change activity to assure compliance with the subcontract provisions and mitigate the potential subcontractor claims.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of subcontract-related problem identification, status reporting, and corrective action.
- Quality and timeliness of direction given to subcontractors.
- Maintaining effective relationships with subcontractors, project team members, management, clients, and support organizations.
- Compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Reports to assigned Procurement Manager or similar for performance of work and implementation of subcontract management programs and procedures.
- Works under moderate supervision. Supervises the work of procurement support personnel who assist with the assigned subcontracts.
- Coordinates with project or departmental personnel to plan and support performance of the subcontracting activities, including Design, Construction, QA/QC, Safety, Project Controls, and Management.
- Commits, spends and controls client and company dollars within limits established in company policies or procedures.
- Makes decisions within the scope of procedures and assures compliance with applicable Procurement policies and procedures.
Overall Knowledge of Jacobs Business:
- Basic understanding of technical, organizational, managerial, and business issues related to operations management.
- Basic knowledge of commercial procurement, contract laws, practices and standards as they relate to Jacobs operations management and project delivery.
Project Delivery Knowledge:
- Understands the project delivery processes as used for various contracting scopes and their relationship to Enterprise Procurement procedures.
- Understands overall corporate resources and capabilities.
- Has good communications and writing skills.
- Is able to effectively author and compile subcontract documents, as well as internal and external communications, proposals, and reports.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with subcontractors, project teams, and others to organize and motivate them to achieve.
- Support of electronic mail, and standard Microsoft Office software.
- Familiar with the capabilities of a subcontracts management system, and has a good understanding of how to use it for the subcontracting activities.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Degree in Business, Law, Engineering or other applicable field. Experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in subcontracting and contract management, with specific experience in working on projects such as airports, dams, stadiums, buildings, highways and bridges, water projects, rail projects, power projects, refinery expansions, petrochemical units, pulp and paper mills, pharmaceutical plants, pipelines, dock construction, ocean terminals, offshore construction, or automated assembly lines.
- None required. CPCM, CCCM, or CCFM Certification from the National Contract Management Association (or other international equivalent) is desirable.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.