New job Project Contract Manager - Maintenance in Uttar Pradesh
Project Contract Manager - Maintenance
Company : ALSTOM
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Uttar Pradesh
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. www.alstom.com/ India
Purpose of the Job:
The Project Contract Administrator – RS & M is responsible for the management and administrations of contract for RS & Mtnce (Rolling Stock and Maintenance) and /or the related contracts to the RS and Maintenance works. The responsibility shall also include due deliberation and managing the contractual aspects from tender to contract award, and also from the contract execution up to the final acceptance of the work and final contract closure. The Project Contract administrator shall be responsible for end to end implementation of the contract administration and management of the RS & Mtnce Contracts from its inception to closure including, but not limited to, the financial closure.
The Candidate holding a position as a Contract Administrator, must have strong versatile experience in E&M (Engineering & Maintenance) of industrial projects, production facility, preferably locomotives complemented with hands on experience on Tendering / Bidding process. He/ She should have been working in and for large projects of industrial/ institutional companies primarily in E&M works in India.
The role involves travel to all parts of India or world and position shall be based in Saharanpur (UP).
Organisational Reporting Hierarchical / Functional: reporting: Project Contract Manager -ELoco (Pr.CM).
Key Network & Links
Internal: Pr. Contract Manager, Project team members, Transport Legal & Contract Management Department / inhouse lawyer, Product / Business teams, Contract Management Community, Sourcing and Procurement, Tender teams & Business Development, Infrastructure Director, Site Project/ Infrastructure Managers, Site team members Project Co-ordinators, Planners, Site Managing Directors, Operational Managers
External: EPC Contractor, main Contractors, sub-contractors, Consultants, Customer, all internal metiers.
Contractual deliverables on time. Timely processing of project variation requests / orders, Extension of Time (EoT), and claim files preparation, Key Performance Indicators, Trust Team Action, AIR values. Feedback from team members.
Scope of the role and responsibilities:
Preparation and management of:
- Prepare and support Tender, pre-Bid documentation, bidding process, clarifications, evaluation for the Contract scope and other scope of work associated with the RS & Mtnce works of E-Loco
- Prepare and support Contract negotiations prior to award of contract
- Be a supportive member of the Contract recommendation / award team
- Record and administer pre and post contract correspondences and communications
- Contract administration and management during the contract execution
- Prepare and implement a robust communication plan for the efficient and effective communication.
- Support and prepare contract extensions / change order management/ contractual performance measurement
- Administer Contract closure and contract management during the Warranty period
- Provide Administration support to conclude final account
- Provide administrative support for any Arbitrations / disputes if required.
- Support the preparation of Contract Summary, flowcharts as requested by the Project Contract Manager
- Administrate the elaboration of the Contract Deliverables Requirements List by the Project team members is communicated and launched in time. Ongoing, preparation and support to the Project Contract Manager to liaise and communicate to the Project team, all the contract obligations and deliverables for review on a monthly basis to anticipate risks and opportunities; check schedule and all milestones compliance.
- Administer and implement project specific commercial procedures, particularly regarding correspondences, notifications, insurances and variation requests / orders and claims preparation files. Ensure a reliable filing system with easy access of the correspondence from, and to, the contractors in line with E-Loco document control procedures.
- Support the Project Contract Manager to prepare a pragmatic commercial approach based on contractual analysis of the project terms and conditions, to protect on daily basis E-Loco interests
- Anticipate events and risks; propose various counter-strategies and commercial solutions to keep the situation under control.
- Work closely with the Project Contract Manager E-Loco to mitigate risks and leverage opportunities.
- Support the Project Contract Manager in reviewing all correspondence by analysing all incoming correspondence, and preparing and reviewing all outgoing correspondence.
- Provide to the Project Contract Manager reports as necessary and when relevant, alert or flash email on matters relating to Risk / negative margin impact and/or opportunities.
- Support the Project Contract Manager- E-Loco on insurance matters in liaison with region insurance organisation.
- Provide at any time, on Management demand, a reliable and understandable contractual and commercial analysis of the project
Any other project related work as desired by the Project Contract Manager and /or as the Project demands.
A Degree in Business Commercial / Engineering / RS & Mtnce or similar including Contract Law higher level qualification (English Common Law practice) or equivalent
10 years in a similar Contract Management / Administrative role with a large construction or Transport company.
Desired Knowledge / Experience
- 8 years in a similar Contract Administrative role with a large RS & Mtnce or Transport Company or a manufacturing industry (desirable in the Railway business).
- Good communication in English, Hindi, as well as native language
- knowledge and skill in networking within a large organisation.
- Good writing skills.
Behavioural Skills / Competencies
- Strong personality, having a persuasive attitude capable and commensurate to having experienced working with a large Engineering & Maintenance work contractor/client for 4-5 years
- Analytical skills and system minded demonstrating best practice.
- Rigorous for reporting and trouble shooting
- Provides early warnings as soon as unforeseen problems arise, to ensure timely corrective action can be taken
- Strong analysis capability for identifying system issues
- Identifies critical tasks & issues and takes action to ensure execution, delivery and follow-up
- Good communication skills for interfacing with our European and native colleagues.
- Approach discussions/negotiations with the objective of achieving a win-win outcome.
- Ability to communicate to different levels
- Communicates with transparency: Delivers clear messages
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently
- Creates an environment where individuals actively take initiative and ownership
Delegates, provides encouragement and support to people in accepting responsibility with accountability
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Microsoft Office, presentation, MS Visio, MS Excel, P6 & MS planning tool skills
- Languages : English, Hindi (French desired but not mandatory)
- Location - Saharanpur
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: Project Manager, Bank, Banking, Business Development, Administrative Assistant, Technology, Finance, Administrative, Sales