New job Officer - Accounts Payable in Maharashtra
Officer - Accounts Payable
Company : Jacobs
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maharashtra
- Accurate and timely processing of invoices (Advances, vendor payments & employee travel & expenses) and all activities in relation thereto
- Effecting payments through “host to host” environment, online & manual for the above processed invoices & expense reports
- Checking vendor invoices with the purchase orders/agreements and entering them by ascertaining the correct expenses to be accounted.
- Process Invoices in ERP system (Oracle)
- Internal routing of invoices for approval from relevant stakeholders
- Scrutinizing the invoice and ensuring that is adheres to all internal policies & procedures.
- Where the invoice details are incomplete contact the relevant person and get/track revised invoices
- Passing monthly accounting entries – Journal Vouchers and meets the deadlines
- Assist with month end closing.
- Calculating statutory liabilities.
- Provide the data in the required way to the tax group for tax assessments, etc.
- Preparing certain expense schedules related to statutory audit
- Create a good working atmosphere and motivate the team members.
- Completion of tasks in a time bound manner at the expected level of quality and be able to adhere to timelines.
- Answer queries of internal/external customers.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Reporting Manager/Supervisor from time to time
- International working environment and unique company culture
- Personal development opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere in dynamic team
- Transportation facility with no additional cost
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor or Master Degree, preferably in Commerce/Finance/Accounting
- 3 to 10+ years of experience in accounting field with international work environment would be an asset
- Experience with ERP systems - Oracle (preferred), SAP or similar
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Enthusiastic, energetic & self-starter.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.