New job MGG eTrading Analyst in Maharashtra
MGG eTrading Analyst
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maharashtra
As part of the firm's model risk management function, Model Governance Group (MGG) is charged with developing model risk policy and control procedures, performing model validation activities, providing guidance on a model's appropriate usage in the business context, evaluating ongoing model performance testing, and ensuring that model users are aware of the model strengths and limitations. Model manager roles within MGG provide attractive career paths for model development and model validation quants in a dynamic setting working closely with Front Office Trading Desks, Desk Quants or Model Developers, Risk and Finance professionals, where they act as key stakeholders on day-to-day model-related risk management decisions as well as conduct independent model validation of new and existing models.
The successful candidate will be a member of the MGG Group covering E-Trading across all asset classes, and will focus on the following activities:
- Engage in new model validation activities for all E-Trading models in the coverage area - evaluate conceptual soundness of model specification; reasonableness of assumptions and reliability of inputs; fit for purpose; completeness of testing performed to support the correctness of the implementation; robustness of numerical aspects; suitability and comprehensiveness of performance metrics and risk measures associated with use of model.
- Conduct independent testing
- Perform additional model review activities ranging from proposed enhancements to existing models, extensions to scope of existing models.
- Liaise with Trading Desk, Risk and Finance professionals to provide oversight of and guidance on appropriate usage, controls around model restrictions & limitations, and findings for ongoing performance assessment & testing
- Maintain model risk control apparatus of the bank for the coverage area & serve as first point of contact
- Keep up with the latest developments in coverage area in terms of products, markets, models, risk management practices and industry standards
Essential skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills: The role requires a strong quantitative background based on a PhD or Masters Degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline such as Math, Statistics, Science, Economics, Engineering, Math Finance.
- Domain expertise in following areas: Expertise in Statistics, Math Finance, Machine Learning. Knowledge and experience in algorithmic trading/market making strategies such as transaction cost analysis, dark order execution, order placement, price signals. Derivatives pricing knowledge is an asset. Experience in one or more of the following asset classes: Interest Rate/Credit /Equity/FX/Commodity.
- Prior experience in following backgrounds (1-2 years): Quantitative Model Development, Model Validation, Trading or Technology focused on E-Trading including automated execution/market-making algorithms.
- Excellent writing skills: previous experience in writing scientific text with the ability to describe evidence and present logical reasoning clearly.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with other functional areas in the bank on model-related issues
- Risk and control mindset: ability to ask incisive questions, converge on critical matters, assess materiality and escalate issues
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.