New job Manager/Senior Manager, Fabrication Workshop in Gujarat
Manager/Senior Manager, Fabrication Workshop
Company : Ahmedabad University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Gujarat
Function: Fabrication Workshop
Reporting to: Dean, SEAS
School: School of Engineering and Applied Science, Ahmedabad University
About the University: Ahmedabad University is a private, non-profit University that offers students liberal education with a focus on research-driven and project-based learning. https://www.ahduni.edu.in/
The incumbent will be managing the fabrication workshop leading it and providing the related technical support working with students on their projects and experiments. The incumbent will also support VentureStudio, supporting design related needs of start-ups and engaging with them regularly.
- Managing the day-to-day scheduling of laboratories, planning and managing technical staff members, charting the attendance of students, distributing safety gadgets to students during workshops, briefing students before each session, organising to purchase different engineering and consumer products for product dissection laboratory.
- Set up the outline of the course and document in detail for all the experiments after discussion with the Dean.
- Preparing drawings in Auto-cad for sheet metal laboratory, wood making products, Meccano parts, turning and milling jobs and circuits for Electronic prototyping laboratory.
- Engaging with students for their courses, projects as well as conducting specific workshops and certification for them.
- Conduct tutorials or workshops for the students to introduce tools, power tools, machine tools, and 3D printers.
- Motivating students to form groups to make products of their choices, guide them in terms of choosing product, designing, sketching, making part-list and limiting the cost of all parts with in the budget.
- Assessment of students for each experiment, viva examination, timely publishing results of students for both semesters.
- Providing technical support to faculty and students in the design and fabrication of their specific projects.
- Making post-semester execution report.
- Purchasing of raw material i.e. sheet metal, wood, MDF sheets, aluminium rods and plates, filaments for 3D printing etc. for different laboratories
- Supporting to VentureStudio technical staff and the start-ups in terms of guidance, using facility of fabrication workshop/Prayas Shala.
- Supporting in making communication material the Flyer for services offering to Industries and MSME’s for showcasing our services in Design, making 3D drawings and printing parts on 3D printer
- Providing fabrication and machining facility, offer inspection using CMM and other precision measuring instruments, Electronic prototyping services.
- Associating with vendors and providing quotation for any hardware in the laboratory
- Ensure aesthetically as well as functionally the day-to-day operations of the workshop and premises of the University campus meets global standards
- Promotes a culture of ‘Service Excellence’ throughout the school
- Develops, tracks and manages all aspects of departmental budget (capital and operating budgets), cost reduction, costs and expenses including preparation, submission, maintenance, reporting, compliance and audits.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the school and University to facilitate other operations
- Manage schedules and deadlines of various administrative functions
- Oversee all services, maintenance activities and vendors for the workshop.
- Maintain a clean and enjoyable work environment, and help in the workshop of positive relations with the different stakeholders at the University and with external parties
- Develop and execute Project Based Learning (PBL) courses at the Fabrication shop
- Develop short certificate courses related to workshop practices
- Sets a tone of leadership that is people-oriented, collaborative in nature and focused in data based decision-making and at the same time maintaining high level of execution
- Builds a management culture based on teamwork, open communication, prudent risk taking, innovation, mentoring and accountability and ability to develop others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism and competence in dealing with a variety of individuals
- Excellent Project Management skills integrating technology
- Ability to develop, organize, and accomplish goals well within timelines and budgets
- Solution oriented and possessing effective problem solving skills
- Experience in operations management with knowledge of relevant legal laws and regulations
Master of Mechanical Engineering with 12-15 years of experience.