New job Manager - Fully Built Vehicle in Tamil Nadu
Manager - Fully Built Vehicle
Company : Daimler India Commercial Vehicles Private Limited
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tamil Nadu
Manage autonomous teams of operators in order to ensure production (Safety, respect of commitments in terms of Quality, Cost, Delivery, People)
Environment, Health and Safety
- Enforce safety rules and maintain production means in good working order. Take all appropriate measures in case of risk,
- Ensure safety training is provided to newcomers
- Improve Safety in the scope: communicate, perform Safety audits, evaluate risks, react to each incident by implementing improvement actions…etc),
- Analyze accidents; make sure that related action plans are implemented.
- Ensure production according to quality required by the customer
- Ensure that procedures are respected and self-inspection performed
- Ensure rework and non-conformances (internal and external) are treated
- Organize problem solving : participate, escalate information if necessary, call for assistance from support functions, track eradication
- Drive autonomous teams’ work in order to comply with production planning (anticipate problems)
- Ensure the target productivity level is achieved on daily & monthly basis
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve shop floor operations problems
- Identify and mitigate risks invloved in achieving monthly production target
- Define and implement corrective actions when late versus planning
In line with concerned work packages, stick to and manage the monthly cost base :
- Optimize the allocation of available resources(Consumables, Scrap, Rework), track individual time sheets
- Manage budget through indicators (productivity & overheads)
Participate in continuous improvement of processes.
- Manage autonomous teams around SQCD objectives : by using visual management, participates to daily meetings of the autonomous teams, communicate objectives and information needed for their achievement, bring teams problems up and organize their solving (request assistance from support functions when necessary)
- Drive the continuous improvement of results : communicate objectives, involve teams, implement actions, pull and implement improvement ideas, initiate improvement workshops (SWIP) and problem solving groups (PDCA methodology), track improvement (visual management), communicate results.
- Active Participation during New Product Introduction (NPI) along with Projects & ME on quality and productivity aspects
- Ensure that the function is resourced adequately, in terms of number of people and skills.
- Track individual performance (evaluate, discuss with each team member).
- Develop individual and collective competences: define and implement multi-skills.
- Develop team autonomy: make engineers able to manage their daily performance on their own and to deal with 1st level problems. Implement the adequate training plan.
- Performance will be measured based on KPIs
- Capacity /workload management – People Utilisation, Productivity improvement, tools management, Internal & External Demerits, Cost of Non Quality from Rework time and material, First Yield Pass at quality gates
Bachelors of Engineering (Mechanical or relevant)
Relevant experience in Truck Assembly is preferred
Knowladge of production system(Lean manufacturing) and quality problem solving.
Good Communication Skills