New job Manager / AVP : Wholesale Credit Approvals in West Bengal
Manager / AVP : Wholesale Credit Approvals
Company : HSBC
Salary : Details not provided
Location : West Bengal
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some Careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Manager / AVP - Wholesale Credit and Market Risk
Wholesale Credit Approval function is one of the activities within Wholesale Credit and Market Risk [WMR] . Group WMR reports directly to the Group CRO and is responsible for the approvals, policies, portfolio management and reporting on the Group’s Wholesale and Market Risk exposures. Group WMR also works with Regional WMR functions across Global Risk to ensure functional consistency and delivery across all group offices.
The Corporate Approvals team supports WMR by performing credit approvals / recommendation for relationships falling within the Large Corporate / Global Banking portfolio of various regions. The role entails reviewing credit submissions, challenging the Relationship Manager’s proposition where required and approving / recommending a lending position within delegated authority after suitably mitigating the Bank's risks.
The role holder will:
- Analyse new / existing corporate counterparties in the Commercial / Global Banking segment and approve / recommend a lending position within appropriate delegated credit authority
- Work independently on credit proposals to reach a solution in close and constructive collaboration with colleagues within WMR CoE, Wholesale Credit Risk and Business Teams in HSBC
- Engage actively with frontline teams through various channels to balance the risk reward proposition, discuss & negotiate on credit applications
- Participate in credit / risk meetings with Front Office / HSBC WMR colleagues
- Closely monitor risk events and be able to timely escalate to management
- Prepare for audit, regulatory initiatives and internal projects pertaining to credit risk management
- Represent WMR CoE in Shared Services and New Business initiatives where required
- Academics – Graduate or Post Graduate degree in commerce/ economics/ management/ engineering. Qualifications in Finance/ CA/ CFA/ ICWA/ CS/ CAIIB preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Corporate / SME Credit in a reputed Bank/ Financial Institution.
- Strong understanding of financial statement analysis and credit lending products
- Analytical skills to quickly interpret data & facts to arrive at meaningful conclusions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD ***