New job HRBP - Technology in Karnataka
HRBP - Technology
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Karnataka
- Support the implementation of people agenda initiatives and efforts for a business area
- Provide day-to-day advice on human capital matters
- Take in organizational decisions made by business leadership and cascade the structuring & reorganizational
changes deeper into LOB areas to institutionalize the new organization into BAU
- Support year-end compensation process by ensuring that baselines are accurate and synchronized
(including joiners, leavers, transfers) with finance and/or business management, providing guidance on IC
and salary planning as appropriate and supporting managers through compensation decisions.
- Support the performance and talent management cycle by partnering with managers on an as-needed
basis to handle succession planning needs and requirements, answer performance questions, issues and
processes, supporting and providing guidance on the promotion process particularly during quarterly &
- Facilitate feedback processes and other employee input initiatives, e.g. action plans based on EOS, Pulse
- Support or participate in individualized development and coaching to managers and emerging leaders, as
needed, and in partnership with the development team. This may include supporting action items that
stem from leadership coaching provided by the aligned HRBP or an external coach
- Be available to provide front-line support to managers for HR risk / controls initiatives
- Provide project management support for HR-related initiatives being implemented within LOBs
- Support HRBAs in cross-LOB and large scale initiatives
- Work with MIS to ensure headcount management and accurate data collection and reporting to
support fact based, metrics driven client bases
- Be a champion of HR process change. Analyze processes, data and trends to make recommendations to
management team for continuous improvement
- Partner with HR colleagues of all levels to drive efficiencies and leverage best practices
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place and managed effectively for all critical HR processes
- Lead and/or actively participate in HR projects, aligned to key identified HR priorities
Skills and Experiences
- 8+ years of overall Human Resource experience preferably in a HRBP role
- Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of full range of people practices in a business setting: goal setting,
performance assessment and improvement, compensation practices, talent review and talent
management, workforce planning, reductions in force, manager development. Project management
abilities including execution skills and end to end process improvement. Technically proficient in MS
Office Suite - including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strategy& Analysis Skills: Able to translate business strategies/priorities/goals into people
strategies/priorities/goals. Utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills regularly to identify issues and
trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause. Strong analytical, quantitative
and technical skills that enable individual to leverage data to create HR strategies that support and drive
- Consultative, Coaching, and Influencing Skills: Ability to navigate a global matrix organization and partner
on issues across HR and the business. Must be able to work collaboratively and to develop strong, positive
working relationships. Proven track record in objectively coaching employees and management through
complex, difficult issues and mitigating risks. Exceptional judgment, demonstrated ability to make sound
decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast paced environment. Ability to
manage multiple tasks while remaining proactive and flexible in style. Ability to handle large amounts of
confidential/sensitive information on a frequent basis. Excellent consulting, influencing and negotiation
skills. Skilled at coaching and developing others, particularly managers and leaders. Able to quickly size up
a complex people/business situation, sort through the facts, develop alternatives and make sound
recommendations. Understands when to escalate. Provides insight to clients to assess issues/potential
risks and recommends actions. Challenges clients to question assumptions & think through problems.
Exhibits sound judgment in approach & outcomes. Able to build this skill in others. Ideally, some
experience with leading others through change and utilizing transparent communication strategies.
Demonstrated ability to influence; able to gain consensus and strong commitments for action.
- Teamwork: Promotes partnership by fostering a shared purpose, trust and teamwork across teams,
businesses, functions, regions, and levels.
- Other Desired Behaviors: Courage: To push back. To tackle new challenges for the organization.
Resiliency: focus and determination to influence multiple stakeholders. Intellectual Curiosity: to learn
something new and ask lots of questions. Innovation: to keep ahead of trends and inspire as a thought
leader.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.