New job Head of Digital Services Bharti, Service Providers, Bhutan and Nepal in Haryana
Head of Digital Services Bharti, Service Providers, Bhutan and Nepal
Company : Ericsson
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
Ericsson is driving 5G standardization and was the largest contributor to the standardization body in 3GPP during 2018. Ericsson is committed to rapidly applying these standards to our technology development. Ericsson is a technology leader in 5G. Pioneering customers select us as their 5G partner and we are first with commercial live networks in four continents. This includes multiple operators in both the US and South Korea, as well as in Switzerland, Australia and UAE. We have publicly announced commercial 5G deals with more than 20 named operator customers. In India, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for India’s largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers.
Our Exciting Opportunity!
Overall business responsibility for Ericsson Digital Services (DGS) and Managed Services for IT & ADM (MSIT) for Bharti, Service Providers, Bhutan and Nepal. You are accountable for the complete DGS Profit & Loss across these accounts and will be heading a team of approximately 100 staff!
- Successful person will be nurturing and building strong Customer relationships at C-Level to drive and lead domain sales for these customers, securing Ericsson as their preferred partner.
- Drive and manage the presales and delivery organization in selling and deploying Digital Services business, including MSIT business across multiple customers and multiple countries, with the by far biggest focus on Bharti.
- Empower the organization to drive to achieve business outcomes and targets.
- Work in a collaborative way with internal and external customers, including within partner/supplier ecosystems.
- Manage the business by overseeing the monitoring and reporting of program related trends, capability development and performance against project plans and budgets
- Develop a positive & productive culture within the business
- Contribute to the development of a long-term strategy and plan for the business
- Drive operational performance, innovation, and continuous improvement
To be successful in the role you must have
- 15+ years experience, from within the Telco/Systems Integration Industry
- Deep experience of leading teams in a multicultural collaborative environment.
- Have a consistent track record of identifying and closing new business opportunities in the IT and Telco sector
- Proven people management experience
- Demonstrable skills and experience on the following domains: Mobile Core, Packet Core, OSS, BSS, Cloud, NFVI & Cloud Native Systems Integration.
- Experience directing complex projects, growing profitability, driving cost efficiency, and building top line and bottom line growth.
- Proven track record working for a supplier towards major telecom operators.
What's in it for you?
Every year, more than 10,000 organizations from over 60 countries partner with the Great Place to Work® Institute for assessment, benchmarking and planning actions to strengthen their workplace culture. Great Place to Work® Institute’s methodology is recognized as rigorous and objective and is considered as the gold standard for defining great workplaces across business, academia and government organizations. Ericsson India Limited has been Great Place to Work - Certified™ in 2020.
What happens next once you apply?
Read about the next steps here. For your preparation and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.