New job GIS Analyst - ESRI ArcGIS in Delhi
GIS Analyst - ESRI ArcGIS
Company : Bechtel
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delhi
Requisition ID: 235033
Requisition Posting End Date: 06/03/2021
Company Overview: Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
This position requires an advanced level of proficiency and demonstrated experience in ArcGIS products such as, ESRI-based products and open source products. As the GIS Specialist, the ideal candidate will be involved in the development of an emerging GIS department in New Delhi. This will entail actively participating in the process of developing the New Delhi department and coordinating with the existing departments in Reston Virginia and Houston Texas, USA. A growing area of work within our client is mobile data collection, which will focus on using ESRI's products such as Survey123 and ArcGIS Collector. Applicant will have some background knowledge on utilizing these mobile platforms as part of a methodology for maintaining geospatial data collected in the field.
The ideal candidate must possess a strong background in GIS using ESRI ArcGIS Map's available tools including Analysis and Spatial Analyst. Experience using ArcGIS Pro is desired. The GIS Specialist must have proficiency working with all geospatial data formats. They will also play a role in developing and/or maintaining geospatial data that is either project/task specific or is a regularly available dataset. Familiarity in database management is preferred.
- Supporting in the development and management of GIS applications that are based on growing and improving business demands
- Overseeing the planning and coordination of GIS activities to meet the outlined goals
- Developing and managing control quality standards for system application
- Performing data capture and analysis for GIS products
- Overseeing data flow, management, and distribution activities that are aimed at supporting GIS
- Supporting and participating in the designing and development of the geospatial database
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate geospatial documentation for reference purposes
- Staying up to date or abreast with the latest developments in the GIS field
- Giving support in the development of a work plan for complex projects and project bids
- Efficiently managing geospatial databases and developing effective maps and aerial photography.
Skill Group Skill Proficiency Level
Geomatics GIS (Vector & Raster) Analysis Advanced
Geomatics Cartographic Principles Advanced
Geomatics Spatial Systems Administration Intermediate
Geomatics GIS Database Management Advanced
Geomatics Engineering Survey Intermediate
Geomatics Global Positioning Systems Intermediate
Geomatics Photogrammetry Intermediate
Geomatics Automation / Programing Intermediate
Engineering Understanding of role of GIS in EPC Intermediate
& Self-Management Communicating Effectively Intermediate
& Self-Management Demonstrating Self Sufficiency Intermediate
& Self-Management Managing Meetings Intermediate
& Self-Management Negotiating and Collaborating Intermediate
Direction Planning, Prioritizing & Scheduling Work Intermediate
Opportunity Decision-making and Problem-solving Intermediate
Opportunity Managing Process Improvement Intermediate
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS GRADE 23
- Must have 5+ years of experience as a GIS Specialist, GIS Analyst, or a related field with demonstrated
capabilities in GIS.
- B.A. or B.S. in Geography, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Must have Experience using the Esri suite of products including ArcGIS Server Advanced or ArcGIS
Enterprise, ArcGIS Pro, Enterprise Portal, Esri suite including (Survey 123, Collector, Field Worker)
- Must have experience in developing web-based GIS applications
- Must have proficiency working with all geospatial data formats.
- Experience of Esri ArcGIS desktop software, including ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro
- Experience with data modeling, data conversion and ETL Software such as FME is desired.
- Experience working with variety of vector and raster datasets from public and private sources
- Working knowledge of CAD programs and importing drawings into GIS.
- Knowledge in the use of various software applications including, ESRI applications ArcTools and model
- Experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Knowledge of cartographic procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of geography and various methods references common to GIS applications, such as coordinate
systems and mapping standards.
- Knowledge of trends and standards of the GIS industry, and relevant local, state, and federal regulations
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS GRADE 24
- Must have 7+ years of experience as a GIS Specialist, GIS Analyst, or a related field with demonstrated
capabilities in GIS.
- Experience with data modeling, data conversion and ETL Software such as FME is required.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.