New job GIB Non-Markets Associate in Maharashtra
GIB Non-Markets Associate
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maharashtra
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure & Reporting organization is responsible for the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the Firm's books and records, while providing reporting to both internal and external clients.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle of the business to ensure the firm's financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm's financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
The most common functions and activities owned by Financial Control include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation/certification/substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
- Work closely with line of business controllers, middle office, and operations
- Work with the businesses to ensure understanding of monthly profit and loss
- Manage the monthly consolidation of JPMorgan Chase income statement and balance sheet
- Develop and maintain financial reports and schedules
- Control post-closing entries and consolidation adjustments
- Perform various control procedures to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Participate in all aspects of the production of the monthly financial Flash Report
- Support ad-hoc requests for financial information received from across the firm
- Proficient desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
- Proficient organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of the firm's products
- Comfort liaising with business and risk partners while building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues
- Ability to understand business drivers and requirements and influence others to deliver solutions
- Ability to quickly understand workings of a complex processing system and general ledger systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field
- Basic knowledge of industry standards and regulations
- CPA license beneficial in some FFAR roles but not required
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.