New job Financial Analyst in Tamil Nadu
Company : World Bank Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tamil Nadu
The Pension and Endowments Department (PEN) is responsible for the financial management and administration of the World Bank Group's funded benefit plans, including the retirement scheme - the Staff Retirement Plan, the retiree medical and life insurance programs - the Retired Staff Benefits Plan, and other ancillary benefits. The financial management includes asset management responsibilities and actuarial support. PEN manages about $36 billion US dollars invested across a range of asset classes, from fixed income to public equities to private equity, real assets, absolute return and credit strategies. The Pension Finance Committee, appointed by the Bank Group President and chaired by the Chief Financial Officer, has oversight responsibility for the financial management of the plans. PEN’s responsibilities also include the delivery of technical assistance on multi- asset class investment management to pension plans, endowments and funds for the future, and the management of the Pension Administration function. PEN identifies, selects, evaluates, and monitors investments, mainly through outside managers, on a global basis.
The Pension Middle Office team (PENMO) under PEN is responsible for providing a full range of functions supporting these investment activities, including the following: i) pension plan operational activities, ii) pension plans financial statements, iii) pension investment performance and attribution, iv) asset class exposure monitoring, v) all investment asset pricing and valuation, and vi) third-party clients’ reporting.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The primary responsibilities will include, but is not limited to, some combination of the following activities:
- Perform investment performance reporting of a multi-asset class portfolio including attribution analysis of various asset classes (including hedge funds, private equity and real estate) to support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to investment team and management;
Support review of external manager and custodian monthly reconciliation and performance data, investigate reconciliation and valuation differences and follow up with custodian to get the same resolved;
Review of custodian reports on performance and ensuring accurate linkage of performance accounts, benchmarks, performance holidays and other attributes relating to performance reporting;
Review and/or recalculate the external manager management and performance fee for reporting and validation purposes;
Track investment activities such as funding and redemptions for the plans;
Prepare, review and support derivatives trade reporting and margin maintenance for internal trading accounts;
Support the preparation of plan’s year-end financial statements and annual report in close collaboration with the headquarter team;
Support Plan’s ESG reporting;
Drive and support automation initiatives and efficiencies relating to data structuring and management;
Correspond and communicate with custodians, internal and external parties; and
Helping to ensure that all business processes in the unit are properly documented and complied with.
1. Qualified candidates should have a post graduate degree in Finance and/or pursuing CFA designation (Level 2 and above) with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Direct exposure to performance reporting involving a multi asset class portfolio and/or a professional certification (CIPM, FRM, PRM) could be a plus;
2. Strong knowledge of asset performance including calculation of management and performance fees, various types of returns and their applications. Knowledge of mathematical principles around return calculations;
3. Strong quantitative and analytical skills and strong proficiency in Excel.. Knowledge of excel macros, programming including in python, visualization tools and management reporting tools will be an added advantage;
4. Good knowledge of financial instruments including public equity securities, fixed income securities, derivatives products and alternative investments (such as hedge funds, private equity, real estate);
5. Able to work with large amounts of data, with good analytical skills, the ability to draw conclusions, and present findings in a clear manner;
6. A sound understanding of industry practices and current developments in valuation /performance /attribution reporting related to multi asset class portfolio and/or pension plans;
7. Proven capacity to multi-task, deliver results and respond quickly and effectively to requests. Ability to work under pressure and great attention to details
8. Demonstrated ability to deal with various third parties such as custodians, fund administrators, investment managers, general partners, etc. to obtain information;
9. Experience in managing regular deliverables while working with custodian and front office. Ability to research issues and also carry out independent research on topics related to work program will be an added advantage;
10. Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written;
11. High level of initiative, self-confidence, a self-starter and a team player; ability to apply a practical matured approach to problem solving with minimum supervision;
12. Commitment to work in a respectful, team-oriented and multi-cultural environment;
13. Flexibility to overlap with U.S. hours will be required to meet reporting deadlines. Willingness to travel to Washington DC for training and team projects, if required.
14. Highest ethical standards
- Financial Market Literacy - Can understand financial market processes; reads and analyzes financial reports and data such as holdings, valuation, performance, compliance, account reconciliations, position, margin, settlement and risk reports.
Process and Infrastructure Development - Makes recommendations to improve efficiency of the accounting, business risk or operations process.
Operational Risk and Control - Understands the basic concepts of risk management and internal control frameworks.
Client Orientation - Able to establish partnership based working relationships with internal/external clients. Demonstrates independence, initiative, and autonomy in addressing clients' needs.
Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results.
Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Able to research and draft quality written materials or review adherence of written materials prepared by others to administrative requirements.
Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Able to use analytical, problem-solving skills and resourcefulness to make informed and practical decisions to carry out own work.
Accounting Literacy would be an advantage but is not required - Demonstrates wide knowledge of GAAP/IFRS and basic knowledge of special accounting areas.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.