New job Field Coordinator - AFI in Telangana
Field Coordinator - AFI
Company : IFDC- International Fertilizer Development
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Telangana
Accelerating Farm Incomes (AFI) is a development project funded by Walmart Foundation to strengthen agricultural production systems in peri-urban and rural locations of Telangana State, India. The project will contribute substantially to technology diffusion, capacity building, micro-enterprise development, and farmer-market linkages. The project is expected to achieve an immediate impact on improved yields, enhance resource use efficiency, and therefore increase farm incomes in a semi-arid agriculture system. This project is a two-year and ten-month intervention that began in October 2019.
The FC will be actively involved with field monitoring officers to carry out AFI activities such as:
- Selection of farmers, farmers training, agro dealers/retailers training, motivational meeting, demonstration plots, crop cut, field days, agriculture marketing seminars, field level data collection/data quality and other assignments as per AFI work plan in the three districts of Telangana project location.
- Maintain liaison with farmers, agro-dealers, traders, and enterprises and government field officials at the district level so that all AFI activities are carried out appropriately without any lapses and achieve project goals.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- A bachelor’s degree in agriculture or agribusiness management
- At least 3 years of dedicated experience of working in a national or international organization.
- Good knowledge on agronomy of Rice, Maize, Pulses, and Vegetable crops and experience of providing agronomic/crop advisory services to farmers.
- Adequate knowledge of improving agriculture productivity through GAPs and improved technology and linking farmers with end consumers/agro dealers/supermarkets,
The Field Coordinator will be based in AFI project Satellite Office in . S/he will travel within the districts to meet with field partners and any other program related activities.
Collaboration and Reporting
The Field Coordinator will report to the Project Manager.
Interested candidates are required to send their CV and cover letter on or before 7 June 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
June 7, 2021