New job Ethics & Compliance Investigator in Haryana
Ethics & Compliance Investigator
Company : LC Legal & Compliance
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Haryana
At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry's only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced investigator (the “Role”) to join the Ethics & Compliance Business Integrity Group as a member of our global investigations team. The Role is responsible for investigating ethics and compliance concerns promptly, thoroughly, and impartially. The candidate must have a passion for compliance and help to drive our best-in-class investigations program. The Role involves analyzing concerns raised, developing robust investigation plans, and conducting timely investigations, including performing detailed data and document reviews, as well as conducting face-to-face and virtual interviews. The Role requires ongoing management of a docket of cases, preparation of case closure reports and other reports reflecting investigation statistics and status, thoughtful recommendations on discipline and remediation, driving the speak up culture, preventing retaliation, and working on various Business Integrity Group projects and initiatives, as needed. The position will report to the Head of the Business Integrity Group.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in corporate investigations and/or audits, with an emphasis on government and white-collar investigations, as well as experience and interest in performing holistic data reviews, audits, and trend analysis. The ideal candidate will also be skilled at stakeholder management and reporting. Prior experience in a similar role in a legal or professional services environment (i.e., corporate inhouse, Big Four, or law firm) preferred. E-discovery program management experience advantageous.
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct thorough, expeditious, and independent investigations that can withstand scrutiny from both internal and external stakeholders (including governmental agencies);
- Facilitate factual resolution, legal analysis, root cause analysis, remediation and proportionate discipline while reflecting the twin goals of assessing liability and continually improving internal controls;
- Protect the reputation (and identity, as necessary) of reporters and investigation subjects, and the integrity of the investigation;
- Manage internal communications and expectations;
- When warranted, recommend discipline and remediation in a consistent, company-wide approach;
- Lead or Support Business Integrity Group special projects and initiatives, as needed;
- Work closely with L&C colleagues and across functions, including with HR and Internal Audit;
- Assist with the preparation of periodic reports on program elements for various stakeholders;
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, including excellent verbal and written English skills; and
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high performing, multinational and matrixed organization.
- Corporate investigations or internal audit experience with minimum of 5 years gained at a large law or professional services firm or in-house legal or compliance function;
- Experience responding to compliance/whistle-blower reporting, including case assessment, planning, and management and providing day-to-day support on ongoing concerns; and
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and related databases
Additional desired Competencies
- Data analytics proficiencies - experience connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for business intelligence and trend analysis purposes;
- Experience with E-discovery tools and forensics; and/or
- General interest and ability to learn and develop in the foregoing areas.
Qualifications & Experience
- Juris Doctorate, Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience working in corporate legal department or law firm or professional services firm in legal counsel, investigations or audit capacity preferred
- Language: Strong written and verbal skills in English required
- Professional certification or qualification in Law, Accounting and/or Audit
- Experience and understanding of compliance issues confronting the industry
- Strong knowledge of key anti-bribery legislation including the FCPA, UK Bribery Act and other applicable legislation\
- Experience conducting, analyzing and/or making decisions and recommendations based on compliance due diligence
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.