New job Bid Proposal Manager in Delhi
Bid Proposal Manager
Company : Smiths Detection
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delhi
The main purpose of the role is to act as an authority on bid Management within the organization by leading and managing the bid team by providing bid best practice mentoring, management and adherence across the business. The position is key in contributing to APAC-ME future growth through the generation of new and repeat business for the regional sales team and wider regional businesses. As a key member of the APAC-ME commercial team, the role will be primarily responsible and accountable for contributing to the overall development and submission of winning bids and proposals, as well as the continuous improvement of the departments capture planning and bid processes (people, processes, tools, information and governance). The role will assist sales teams in the creation of correctly scoped, documented, and profitable bids and proposals. Manage the regional bid team ensuring all elements of capture planning, qualification, strategy, governance and bid management deliverables are executed. The role will work closely with all members of the regional sales team and SD regional stakeholders to maintain strong links within the business functional areas to align the customers’ requirements and business opportunities making sure that the regional bid team is best positioned to influence targeted bids and develop value propositions.
What you'll do:
- Own and manage the full tender preparation and submissions for Smiths Detection APAC-ME, services offerings, including deal strategy and terms and conditions, in full compliance with bid management processes to deliver the optimized bid in due time.
- Support market sales team and key stakeholder effort with any required customer and third party engagement activity and relationship management, ensuring that customer requirements are captured and comprehensively communicated.
- In collaboration with assigned market sales manager, identify the requirements for each bid and ensure that all relevant business functions and departments contributing to a bid are properly informed of the background to the bid/opportunity, the pursuit strategy and solution.
- In collaboration with assigned bid manager develop and manage qualified market bids and proposals in order to improve SD market/sector business win ratio across its present/future product and service portfolio.
- Manage a bid plan and responsibility matrix ensuring that all activities are progressed in line with the required timescales on each bid/proposal.
- Deliver competitive, customer centric and compelling bids and proposals in support of the market commercial leads to achieve targeted market Sales order-intake in line within the budget and forecasts.
- Interface with the Regional Sales and functional teams to develop commercial strategies, themes, technical discriminators, and innovative pricing strategies and solutions that will meet customer requirements as well as meet or exceed business goals
- Provide leadership during the bid review process to ensure that all technical and commercial risks mitigation and business risk acceptance levels are properly incorporated in the development of the scope, cost and proposal wording
- Evaluate Invitation to Tender (ITT), Request for Proposal (RFP), and associated customer documentation providing guidance to the business and sales team with regard to the opportunity requirements (written and implied) including qualification, capture planning, strategy, planning, design, authoring, review and production of world class bids and proposals.
- Develop, implement and maintain a centralized data repository which holds customer data and market sector intelligence knowledge of SD and competitor Intel which can be used to inform the business of commercial and technical trend/ requirements. I.e. win/ loss data including previous bid pricing, bid assessment and scoring information, customer feedback, prevailing and non-typical customer bid requirements and so on. Ensuring that this information is accessible to the regional management team and other relevant departments.
- Provide proposal content from library for quick-turnaround opportunities.
- Proactive involvement in the development and implementation of initiatives to continuously improve the quality and effectiveness of the capture planning and bid processes.
- Develop reusable tools, bid templates and literature to ensure the efficient compilation and delivery of bids and proposals and making them available to other markets and regions.
- Champion and ensure that the agreed, formal bid management processes is adopted/ adhered to and workable for both high value, complex, longer lead-time opportunities and those with a less complex shorter lead-times.
What you'll definitely need:
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in Technology and or Business Management.
- APMP® - Bid & Proposal Management certification
- Experience of leading internal business processes
- Experience in project management or deal management
- Strong knowledge preferred in areas - Analytics, database technologies, storage, security & infrastructure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Handling third party vendors, partners and aligning them with our deals, as and when required.
- Experience in handling multiple bids concurrently
- Understanding of pricing models will be an added advantage
- Experience of using a document management system – SharePoint
- Strength in MS PPT, MS Word and Adobe FrameMaker would be an additional edge
- Must have at least 7+ experience of managing bids/bids process in a technology-based industry. This should be accompanied by a proven record of successful management of submittals in a multinational business.
- The ability to make effective, timely decisions in a complex, regional market by sourcing and analysing critical information. Experience at working with senior management across business functions
- Team Player, self-motivated with a positive outlook, ability to prioritize and co-ordinate several bids at once i.e., multi-task, work well under pressure and be well organized
- Bid coordination experience, coordinating complex bids within Technology and/or System Integrator industry
- Knowledge and understanding of public (and private) sector bid requirements
To find out more about life at Smiths Detection check out our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/smiths-detection/life/c58d0d07-ffe6-4a79-aa69-062062454d6d/and follow our story
Join us for a great career and competitive compensation & benefits whilst keeping the world a safer place.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.