New job 5G GTC Cloud Native Delivery Engineer in West Bengal
5G GTC Cloud Native Delivery Engineer
Company : Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Salary : Details not provided
Location : West Bengal
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world. Our Communications & Media Solutions (CMS) business brings digital transformation expertise of over 30 years to telecommunications and media companies. We help communication service providers solve their most pressing business problems every day. We are driven to innovate, delivering solid solutions to an industry in constant transformation. We believe in the power of collaboration and building long term relationships with our telecommunication customers and partners. Act – Innovate – Partner are the values we live by.
The 5G Global Technology Center (GTC) is looking for experienced delivery people to join our rapidly growing cutting-edge team to help us fulfill our mission - to secure HPE CMS as the industry leader in 5G by delivering HPE cloud-native 5G and HPE Core Stack solutions effectively and efficiently being the first among our competitors to fully embrace aaS and the CI/CD delivery model and paving the road to Open 5G.
The 5G GTC CaaS/PaaS Technical Consultant is an essential role in the 5G GTC organization responsible for the delivery of the CaaS/PaaS environment (K8S, OpenShift, vSphere, Helm, Git, Elastic Search, Kibana …), deploying and customizing the 5G CI/CD pipeline for customers all over the globe, as well as developing the 4G CI/CD pipeline (for products like I-HSS, RTMS, PGW 4G customized workflows). Delivery consists of several phases such as creation of design documentation (Low Level Design, Acceptance Test Plan …), tuning of the customer infrastructure, rolling out of CaaS /PaaS (K8S, OpenShift, vSphere, Helm, Git, Elastic Search, Kibana …) environment, setting up the CI/CD pipeline, deployment of 5G NF, solution customization based on customer needs, internal and customer acceptance, managed services during the production launch and babysitting. 5G GTC CaaS/PaaS TC plays the key role in driving the collaboration with customer, partners and different HPE teams with the main objective to fulfill the customer requirements despite of the challenges (like product functionality gaps).
- Deliver the CaaS/PaaS stack (K8S, OpenShift, vSphere, Helm, Git, Elastic Search, Kibana …)
- Setting up the CI/CD pipeline based on the 5G product artifacts
- Customer acceptance and internal testing (remotely and onsite)
- Development of the missing artifacts (e.g. LCM scripts, automated tests) to cover customer requirements
- Integration of the product ansible LCM scripts into HPE NFVD
- Creation of the customer documentation (Low Level Design & Acceptance Test Plan) in collaboration with Solution Architect and Subject Matter Experts.
- Tuning and basic checks of the customer virtualized infrastructure in collaboration with SME
- Driving the e2e solution delivery as per project deadlines in close collaboration with different parties - customer, partners (like Casa, Affirmed, Openet …), HPE Customer Experience and Support org, HPE delivery teams (5G GP, 4G GTC, Orchestration GTC, PointNext), HPE 4G/5G product teams
- Customer managed services during the production launch and babysitting of the deployed solution
- Delivery of the customer and internal workshops to handover the project specifics
- Guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years experience in project delivery and/or R&D
- Telecom and networking experience (4G & 5G Mobile Core Networks, 3GPP standards), Cloud native experience (Kubernetes and associated tools, CI/CD, DevOps and Agile methodologies).
- Languages: good written and spoken English is a must. Others are a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of working in Virtualized environments like OpenShift/Openstack/KVM, VMWare/vSphere. Openstack administration experience is welcome.
- Experience of working with Openstack and general IT automation engines: Heat Templates, Cloud-Init, Ansible, Helm Charts.
- Understanding of the public and private cloud services (HPE GreenLake, AWS, Azure)
- Linux system administration skills (RHEL, CentOS): OS installation, network/disk configuration, upgrade. Linux system performance tuning and testing experience is welcome.
- Expert knowledge in CaaS and extensions (K8S, Nexus, Centos, Helm, Ansible, Calico, etc.)
- Expert knowledge in PaaS backing services (Prometheus, Grafana, FluentD, Kibana, Elastic Search, Jaeger, etc.)
- Experience of working with HTTP/2, TLS/SSL, RESTful APIs, JSON, XML, XML-RPC.
- Experience of deploying and running microservice applications as Docker containers managed by Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards and RFCs for 2G/3G/4G mobile core networks is a plus.
- Experience of working with mobile core network products: HLR, HSS, AuC, EIR, etc is a plus.
- HPE 5G NF knowledge is very welcome: AUSF, UDM, 5G-EIR, UDR, UDSF, NEF, CHF, message flows for network authentication, mobility and charging procedures.
- Understanding of partner 5G NFs is very welcome: UPF, PCF, CHF, AMF, SMF, NSSF, NRF, NEF, SEPP
- Strong *nix scripting skills. Additional scripting/programming language knowledge is welcome: Python, Java, etc.
- Experience in application deployment, including production deployments, configuration and acceptance testing.
- Strong analytical and documenting skills and experience in creating method of procedure (MOP), Low Level Design (LLD) documents and ATP suites.
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues in virtualized environment (virtual SAN, performance bottlenecks)
- Good communication and presentation skills, experience of Vendor-Customer interaction is welcome. Experience in working with customers and/or partners is a plus
- Ability to cope with very high peak workloads, short deadlines and significant pressure
- Highly adaptable to cross-cultural requirements (clients and countries).
- Ability to work in flexible schedule when required (to cover the nightshifts during the production launch and interaction with teams in different time zones)
Travel availability required (up to 50%).
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.